Monday, May 18, 2009

How Peanut Butter saved the day

So when we were in UT, my cousin Missy showed me a Down East Basics Discount store by her house! I was super excited because they have cute clothes and long prego shirts. While I was there I stumbled upon a denim skirt that I totally loved when I saw it in their catalog and tried to buy for $30, but they were sold out. I figured it would be an amazing staple. So at this little gem of a discount store I found the skirt for $5! because it needed a new zipper. woo hoo!
So then we were in Idaho, with a crazy wintery April blizzard. My grandparents live near a grain silo that was on my great Grandpa's farm, and it was cooold. So we head out to California to visit Locke & Katie and we do think its a little weird that there is a hole in our bag o' cookies. and in Reno I go to try on this cutest denim skirt and the butt has been gnawed through! definite rodent nest material!! ahhhh! Thank goodness for discount stores. Long story short we talked ourselves into the fact there was no mouse in the car because we couldn't find it, but in CA just to be safe Locke set traps with peanut butter and lets just say we are glad the border patrol didn't ask us about bringing cold little field mice into California. poor little guy.

1 comment:

trueblue said...

great story, but bummer about the skirt:(