Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two years old!

Rowdy turned two this past Saturday. We had a little get together at Tad and Amelias. We had nachos and hot dogs, and the most delicious "Cars" cake made by cousin Kellie mmmmm. Tad and Amelia blew up their big ole' water slide and Cody made a 50 foot slip n slide out of a drop cloth and some more "kid washes" (see previous posts). Rowdy had the best time, actually... I think everyone did. Even all of the adults gave the slip n slide a go. Anyway Rowdy did have a great time. Except for when he almost burned his lip off trying to blow out the candle! (see video below) It was a really nice day.

Here are some fun Rowdy moments:

-His favorite movie Cars, has motivated him to use the toilet for 2 straight weeks now! and whenever you go in to help him he has a cars spiel. "Chick Hicks is Mean. He makes Mr. The King Crash. McQueen is nice he helps Mr. the King" and then he proceeds to tell you all of the other nice car characters.

-The other day Rowdy ran over and put his little hands on my big mama belly and said, "brother come out and watch cars with me"!

-A dog followed me home while I was out walking. Rowdy heard me say I would get the dog water, so he leaned down in front of the dog and said, " Dog you want juice?"

-Rowdy can be dead, I mean dead, asleep and wake up smiling and running to the kitchen, if Cody comes home early Saturday morning with Donuts.

-He is getting a little sassy in his old age and does the best teenage impression when he says to us,.."just a minute!" totally whining.

-Rowdy has a phenomenal memory. He will bring up people, phrases, or songs from months ago. He amazes me

-He loves to be outside helping his Dad with the lawn. He will imitate Cody's every move. If Cody bends down to pull a weed, Rowdy will bend down and rub the grass.

He is constantly cracking us up and surprising us. He has sprouted mentally and physically these past couple of months. It blows my mind to see him run through our home. He is changing so much everyday I can almost see it. and I can't help remembering the phrase, "Joy in our posterity" Rowdy truly brings us joy. We are so thankful he chose us and I think he will do great in the role of a big brother. and just for the record we asked Rowdy what Baby brother was going to look like and he said very matter of factly, "Mommy".

5 comments:

Sallie said...

Happy Birthday Rowdy. You are so smart for a two year old. One day you and Mark Anthony should watch Cars together.

Letti said...

Rowdy Happy Birthday. I hope you remember me when you see me in November. I miss you. I can't believe how much you are talking you take after me :)

Given Family said...

What a stud! WE miss that little guy! And he is such a talker already.. He sure is ready to be a big brother.

The A Team said...

Happy Birthday Rowdy!!
Love you so much and if we might add a thought to the 'Remember whens'
I remember when you were handed a 4 pound bar of chocolate and wanted someone to open it in a jiffy!
We love how you love life!

trueblue said...

so cute! and pictures of the house or do we have to come visit?