Thursday, October 29, 2009

San Antone

Cody had his vacation this week. So we went down to Round Rock and got to see Bobby and Tiffany's family, which now includes cousin Casey. They were so hospitable and we had a super nice time hanging out with them. Yesterday we left from their house and went down to San Antonio.
We got to visit the Alamo

It had a lot of cracks.

just kidding.
It was really interesting. Once again I had heard some of the story, but going there and having a history buff as a husband made it all come to life and really filled in the gaps. I am sure my kids will be able to tell me all about it too when they have to take Texas history and recite the Texas pledge everyday in school.

After the Alamo we went down to the river walk and took a boat tour.
Here is the crew waving at the people onshore. We had a really good time. And all of the adults got buff carrying around the children. I am glad we made it. Seriously though Casey and I got to roam around quite a bit after missing the exit. Thank goodness for cell phonesThank you Round Rockians for the fun time! We love ya!

3 comments:

karin said...

Love San Antonio. When you don't have a new baby, you should go to Schlitterbahn, Katie and Matt went when they came for a visit (after I had Austin) and had a blast.

EvaMarieva said...

There is so much history to visit in TX, I look forward to our next trip.

PS Ezra made me melt ;)

Kimberly said...

The river walk in San Antonio is really fun! I am glad you got to experience it too. I love hearing about all the adventures your family is having!