Friday, February 12, 2010

!Christmas


Awww. I should have posted this a month ago. Hopefully I can rememeber the details. I do remember the week before Christmas was freezing!!! Totally caught me off guard. And we were paranoid about scary electric bill stories so we tried to keep warm with fires in the fireplace. Which were nice but didn't quite cut it. We finally figuired out a happy medium.
When Yaya and Papa were out for Thanksgiving they spoiled us with a beautiful Christmas tree. Our house smelled so good all of December!
I was a smidge homesick for my California Family a couple of nights before Christmas. Cody was at work and Locke, Katie & Armanie had come down to my Dad and Mom's house and they were all having fun together. So I tried to cuddle with Rowdy and he told me to go sleep in my own bed!
Lynda took me out the next day and we had a "California Date." Complete with Sees candy and real mexican food :)Christmas Eve it started snowing which took my mind off of missing family. It was soo exciting! To be in our own home having a white Christmas! I baked and cooked and we had a total blast. We went down to the Carmacks and enjoyed Christmas Eve with them and Craig's family. And everyone ohhed and Awwed over Ezra. I know he's cute, but it still tickles me to hear other people validate my beliefs :)Christmas morning was so chill and nice. We had to wake up Rowdy! He got a toy tool set from Santa which he loved and the gogles were hilarious. I think the other thing he loved the most because it is February and he still talks about it was the Chocolate milk (Ovaltine) Santa brought him. Ezra got some baby food and crackers which he is still also enjoying.We practically skated down to the Carmack's for the traditional breakfast of biscuits and gravy. Then had a snowball fight and built snowmen. It was a really nice day. and I felt like it was a really balanced holiday too. We had fun incorporating all of these traditions into the true meaning of Christmas and trying to teach that to our boys.

3 comments:

Letti said...

I love the boys pajamas. I missed my Texas family too. I always picture Christmas with lots of family and kids running around. Its nice to know that at least the Texas family can spend it together. I sure do miss you guys.

PS I already knew Ezra was cute!

Beki said...

Yay for catch up Christmas pictures. Everett got those tools too. I have a picture of me in them too.

karin said...

It looks cold. I miss Texas. Last summer and into the Fall, I missed my CA family just because we were gone so much but I still want to move to Texas, I am trying to be patient.