Sunday, October 31, 2010

smatterings of October

I always love Cody but October brings out the magic in him. It cracks me up to see him blog surfing for crazy halloween crafties or ideas to do with the kids. Its been fun to have a bunch of family projects together...when he was home. He worked on the road a lot this month. Here Rowdy is with part of the skeleton they made out of milk cartons. Ezra chowin' down on some blood worms Cody made with the Carmack girls. They weren't bad once you got past the weird texture. Ezra was probably the only one who didn't mind. They were basically just jelloand speaking of texture :)
Rowdy has been going to preschool with "Miss" Lynda on Tuesday and Thursdays. They invited Ezra and I to a little Halloween party. They sang some Halloween songs, did the pledge of allegiance and Lynda made an awesome Halloween lunch. The "brains " on the right were clear Asian noodles cooked in chicken broth with a little green food coloring. They were good but the texture was a little funny. Rowdy ate the first bite no problem and then I think Lynda and I and the boys just kept referring to them as "brains" "brains" "brains" . anyway the next bite Rowdy took of the noodles his face turned kind of white and he got that look. I call it the sushi look... like oh no! ...I can't handle this. It was so funny/ sad. He was totally gagging.. and loud! I couldn't even help him I was laughing so hard. Sorry little buddy. Last Saturday the 23rd was a busy day full of fun things. Cody was of course out of town on such a day as this. The boys and I had gone to bed late because of nickel auction, which was very fun. and then of course they still woke up at their usual time. Anwyay I had to finish off their costumes for the trunk or treat at the church at 5. and Cody had started making Livee's costume which needed a lot of finishing also. Lynda and Amelia threw me a baby shower from 1 to 3. It was a crazy morning. Ezra liked the way the baby food felt and was massaging it all over himself. Gave the boys a bath wringing my knuckles about making it everywhere on time. Rowdy was into everything, being very independent and opinionated. It was pouring rain. I asked Rowdy to play with Ezra while I just rinsed off in the shower. Came out like 3 minutes later and Ezra was soaking wet. Rowdy had let him out the front door. Luckily Ezra was good sensed enough to come back in.
The baby shower was perfect. Lovely, cute and good people. It was a vintage back to school theme. I need to steal some pics from Lynda. It was just really nice. Thanks to Paige for being my on call baby sitter this crazy weekend. Made it home just in time to finish Livee's costume. and I seriously debated just not going to the trunk or treat but we went anyway and it was fun but we only made it to the last 15 minutes (Our church is 30 minutes away) Then we ran home grabbed dinner and Paige and I went to go chaperon the youth dance (30 minutes the other way) I think I missed Cody getting home by 20 minutes and then had to wake up early for 8:30 church. And then Cody got called in to work right as we were getting in the car! Whew!
It was crazy but it was fun.
Here is Livee, the Lego girl and Mr. Fredrickson
Mr. Fredrickson and Russel from the movie UPLove these little stinkers

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I love their costumes!

trueblue said...

sounds busy! can't wait to see/meet baby sister!