Sunday, June 5, 2011

California here we come

Ezra loves glasses.
We took our family vacation to California. May 12-May 24th. It was so nice. We got to see family, friends, relax, Disneyland, beach, hike, golf, eat, play. It was rejuvenating. We flew out and a sweet friend let us use her Pilot...the car. The kids were good on the plane rides. Ezra fell asleep right when the plane landed though. stinker. For our birthdays we got a hotel in San Clemente and Disneyland passes. We went with the Bowlers on Monday to Disneyland. It was so fun having Nan Pops and the Byrds there. We stayed with Cole and our family to watch the new Color show at CA adventure. It was awesome but we would Not do that with kids again. Later in the week met up with Cinnamon and her kids Max and Libby and we permanently scarred Max I am sure. The ride we loved but Max didn't.. The huge Ferris wheel. Rowdy also loved the Toy Story Carnival game where you"shoot the plates". Ezra loved the characters from a distance and would freak out if they got to close, or when Pops would get out his toy spiders :) We got to hang with Monica before she left to HI, and took Elliot to her first Tsunami's experience. Rowdy got to go to Yaya and Papa's schools. Cody golfed with his Dad. Ezra helped Nan sew. Elliot hung out with everyone. We got to see most of our Cypress peeps at church. That was super nice. They still feel like our family. On my birthday we were driving back from San Clemente and Cody asked if you could do anything today what would it be? and I said, " go to Glen Ivy Hot Springs, turn right here!" and so I got to spend a day alone kids free at GIHS and it was awesome. I lounged around, relaxed,took naps and spa-ed it up. Then Cody came and picked me up when it closed and we went to a Fish house. Letti had watched our kids(perfect b day present) then went to my parents and ate cake. Later we had b day egg rolls at Nan and Pops. Thanks everyone for the nice birthday. Rowdy went on a couple hikes with Papa and Yaya and Dad also took Nan and I up some peak in Palm Springs in 90 degree weather while Yaya and the kids enjoyed Knott's Soak City. I seriously loved it. I loved hanging out with my Dad and Nan and I loved being up there. I love Mountains, hikes, and the perspective. The 360 view was amazing. As we were getting ready to leave Sister Stewart had a freaky accident and I don't think I have prayed so hard in a long time. I think a lot of people were. and she seems to have fully recovered which is miraculous considering the circumstances. I got to take the kids to the beach and have a missionary experience. " I am going to get baptized Celeste, and its all your fault." The kids loved the sand and the waves. We ate a lot at Miguels & Bakers. I am sure I missed some things, but it was just a really great trip. Thank you Cody for making it happen after all my needing to get out neediness :). and thanks to our wonderful family & friends for making us want to keep coming back.

No comments: