Monday, July 11, 2011

Full Swing





Summer is always so jam packed I find it hard to record keep. I plan to come back in better detail when its not so late at night. Locke and Katie are staying with us this summer & the Byrds were down the street with Lynda for a month. My Mom and Monica came for a weekish at the end of June. So it has been crazy and fun.


But the thing that is nagging at me most to record are these sweet kids. Elliot learned how to clap two days ago. She just looked at one hand and slapped it with her other hand and thought it was funny and now she can clap! I will have to re-post this in her 7th and 8th month posts but she is sitting up now and scooting backwards a little more. We have been making a concious effort to give her more tummy time. But between the four other littles in the house she has been through the gauntlet.

She can screeeeeam! so loud so fast. Mostly when she sees people eating. Yes, it is pretty embarassing in public. She saw someone in Target the other day eating a preztel and screeeeamed at them.

A couple of weeks ago she was shaking her head back and forth really fast and getting a little dizzy. I am pretty sure she just liked the way it felt. and she would copy us if we did it.

She always likes something in her hands. She searches for things to grab, play with and examine. She is just sprouting and changing everyday. She has been insatiably hungry... and funny.


Ezra has been cracking me up. He keeps getting hurt. Sometimes he is really hurt and sometimes he is just a little hurt but he will say (pouty voice) "I'm OK. Mom! I'm OK" He is so cute. He is talking a lot. He is in the mimick mode but will still bust out. He said his first solo prayer today for the food and blessed the family ( I think) and he always gets soo happy when he says Amen! He loves nursery and his Dad


Rowdy is loving all his cousins around. He constantly wants to have sleepovers at Miles house. He and Armanie get along well most of the time. He likes having a built in buddy. Aunt Katie gave him swim lessons in early July and he has been soing so good! We have an above ground pool in the back now that he can stand up in and he could stay in there all day. He could also sing "I will go I will do" all day. He is such a sweet big brother and a big help.


Cody has been working in the yard (as in trains), which has been nice. He just got released from nursery after 2 years. I think he is going to miss it. They are really going to miss him. He is so sweet with the littles and isn't afraid to get down on his knees and play with them or pick them up and help them stop crying. What a good man.


..and I have been married to him for 5 years. We went on a fancy anniversary date last Thursday after we got back from taking the youth to go do baptisms at the temple. It was beyond nice. and thanks to all the aunts who helped watch our kiddos.


so... hopefully this record keeping thing will become more of a habit. Thanks for the sweet pics Letti

3 comments:

karin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I wish I was better at documenting my kids and their growing/changes/stages.

Oh, Cody is so going to miss Nursery and I'm sure they already miss him. I love when I can sub in Nursery.

Letti said...

We had a blast this summer. I just wish that it didn't have to go so fast! I do not miss your weather though! Your welcome for the pictures too. I just wish the bugs didn't want to have their pictures taken too.

Given Family said...

So cute!! they are growing up so fast. Miss you guys. We were just in OC for the weekend and wished you guys were still there.