Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Fourth of July morning we rode our bikes over to the ward breakfast at Justin Park. I loved being able to ride my bike to a church activity. Then later we went to a fourth of July parade in Haslet. Rowdy looked around on his person and said , " Aw... I didn't bring anything for me to go to the parade in." Just then a lady came up handing out the kids random hats. He was so excited about his Fourth of July crazy hat. and it ended up being a nice candy catcher. I don't think he lifted up his head more than twice the whole parade he was too busy picking up candy off the ground. but I'm not complainin'. He got some good stuff :)

the cousins

Aunt Letti and Elliot at the ward breakfast

When Cody got home from work we went to big ole' firework store. It was a little crazy/funny you could buy an "all nighter" pack for 600$ if you brought your pickup truck to drag it home with. or $100 worth of just straight up firecrackers. We just bought 70 cent sparklers. It was mostly fun to check out the other customers. Takes all kinds.
We swam in our backyard and then took off right before dark and watched the big fireworks in Trophy Club, and yes if you aren't familiar that is the name of a neighboring town. I love Texas and all the but the city names? randoma. and Texas is so flat it is awesome on the fourth to see everyone Else's big fireworks. I knew Rowdy was going to like the fireworks, but Ezra and Elliot turned out to be fans as well. Ezra just sat there and kept saying pretty. and Elliot was actually really excited about them too. She would wave her arms and legs and talk when they would explode. You can always tell her mood by how much she moves her arms and legs. I just couldn't stop singing the national anthem. The words were just more poignant than usual today. Those first patriots were really putting everything on the line. "The rockets red glare gave proof through the night that our flag was still there."...I am sure that was a sweet moment amidst the turmoil of war and fervent prayers. "O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." I am very grateful.

1 comment:

Letti said...

I love the fourth of July too. I love how all the little towns in Texas have parades. I wish we did that here.