Thursday, March 6, 2014

Elly Belly


Since I'm not in a crazy rush to put kids to bed so I can do a seminary lesson every night, I'm so much more patient with our bedtime ritual. One of my favorite little things is Elliot always asks me to sing her a song. Usually "Elliot is a Child of God". I scratch her head. She closes her eyes & she snuggles deep, in her queen size bed all to herself (.. I add this in case our new baby is a girl, and she no longer has the luxury ;) Elliot is so much fun. She is constantly cracking us up. Every now & then she gets a little embarassed if we are laughing or paying too much attention...little stage fright almost. She is a doll. She is in full "buddy" mode. Eager to help & hang out with Cody or I.



But wow she loves her brothers. She has a huge heart, always sharing with all of us (even when I wouldn't).






Ezra and her are together a lot and have fun together..most of the time. But she loves to play with Rowdy too. Lots of fun trampoline games with these 3.

She loves to get dressed herself, and usually does a pretty good job. There are lots of broken hangers in her closet from her jumping up or standing on a stack of pillows to grab the desired attire.


She loves to help with the dustpan and talk about what Paisley will say, and her "sisters" and friends. Elliot usually wakes up with a story about a dog licking her or a zebra tickling her.  Ever since we went to the stock show and a camel grabbed Rowdy's jacket, she consistantly thanks Heavenly Father in her prayers, for the Animals that don't bite, or don't have teeth.
She can be a little sassy and loud but lately both of those haven't been such a big problem. She now almost automatically goes to her room herself if she screams or growls in our house. It one of those things as a parent you try and keep a straight face.
She loves riding her scooter or the little red bike. Shes gettting good and fast. She can keep up with all of us now. She does the funniest little flamingo leg hold on her scooter when she is "cruising".
I forgot to mention Elliot overheard people giggling about the way she said girl, which was adorable. and she later told me " I can't say girl, but I can say Lady" so now when it would be appropriate to say girl most of the time she says lady. It is so funny cute (but we are still encouraging her to say girl) ie, "Are these lady pants?" "Is that a lady cat?"



We are all in love with this little girl... I mean Lady

No comments: