Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't be fooled by the mask

Rowdy calls this his Nacho Libre mask. This boy loves to wrestle.
Ok, So I will start with the mischievous story and move on to the churchy.
When we were babysitting Dominick the boys were getting a little excited at the table. We were having macaroni and cheese. Rowdy and Dominick just kept egging each other on to be silly and loud and not eating. In the mean time I am sitting next to Rowdy, feeding Ezra and realizing I probably didn't divvy out a big enough portion for Ezra. Anyway I asked Rowdy if Ezra could eat some of his mac n Cheese since he wasn't eating it. And Rowdy was still being a little crazy and says loud, " Ezra will NEVER eat any of my food!" and I just laughed at him and said in the disapproving mom voice, "Rowdy." and my hand continues over there to grab a few spoonfuls of mac and cheese and Rowdy... Stabs me with his fork! I was a little surprised and had him sit on time out. When I went to go get him he was teary and sad and I asked him why he was on time out. I am so glad we were hugging and he couldn't see my face (cracking up) when he said, " because I stabbed you with my fork". Awww it was so funny sad.

Rowdy has been in the rush mode of saying prayers for a long time now and just asking for the same things. So a few months ago we reminded him he needs to be saying thank you instead of just asking. So the past few months his prayers have gotten a little evangelical. Its still the same prayer he has had for most of the year but now it goes... "Dear HF, please bless the food. and THANK YOU (with gusto) for blessing the food. please bless Mom and Dad to come home safe and THANK YOU for blessing Mom and Dad to come home safe...."
and last week it was raining and rush hour when I decided to take the boys to McDonald's for the playground. I asked Rowdy to say a prayer we would get there safely, so now "bless McDonald's" is a staple in his prayers.

Then Last night it was so cute I couldn't find my phone and Rowdy said. "Mom we should say a prayer" awww. That made me happy. So he said the prayer. "DFH, Please bless Mommy to find her phone, and I KNOW Daddy gave it to her." :) Then I found the phone and Rowdy said a Thank You prayer "Thank you for Helping Mommy to find the phone and I KNEW Daddy gave it to her" :)

We have the Primary hymn book up on the piano and Rowdy makes up songs by looking at the pictures. For Example, " I like to pray to Heavenly Father, on my knees by the window because I can see the mountains and the flowers and I know he loves me."

We have been trying to read a few verses of the Book of Mormon daily with Rowdy repeating the words. He totally loves it and he is reminding and asking us if he can read the scriptures now. I have a cute video I need to get up, but if he opens them up he will pretend to read to Ezra. He has totally picked up on "And it came to pass" and rubbing his finger along the page so he can see where he is reading. He always talks about the prophet "Almi". as in Nephi and Alma. I was so surprised when the missionaries came over tonight they asked him if he knew what Captain Moroni did and Rowdy said, " He ripped his sweater and wrote on it"
This kid has a memory.
If I had a memory like that I wouldn't have to write such long posts.

And I am sure this was inspired by the book with the nut brown hair where they say "I love you to the moon and back". but Rowdy used to play a game where we would say I love you over the river and over the trees and the road..." and now he has just summarized it and it makes my heart happy, " I love you over everything."
and We love you over everything too Rowdy.


3 comments:

Given Family said...

Awwww. So fun to read all those cute stories..... He is so adorable. Sure miss our cute Rowdy.

Letti said...

I love that you post about the funny things the boys do. Rowdy is at such a fun age right now. I love his prayers!

heart nan said...

I just printed out Rowdy's "song" and glued it into my primary song book! CUTE!!!