Saturday, March 10, 2012

randoma

I woke up with this image of llamas in my head. I know weird. 
This one is for you Mon Bon. 
Sorry for the text. It really takes away from the cutie llamas. I should've just left it but the space was just so....I should've just left it. Once again overdone


Finally made this bracelet...(hot pink and gray pearlies)(the light is weird) I have had the stuff for a while. Thank you Cody for the motivation. Cody is making one too, with smaller pearlies it is so pretty and petite.

This week Cody had to teach his class for BYU-I...in TX. His professor even admitted that this was probably the lamest of topics to teach on for 40 minutes....Research. So to liven it up Cody took a chocolate cake and had someone cut it up...
while he wrote this quote on the board.
 
Of course the cake is really a cereal box covered in frosting...make sure you research things with real substance people. To make up for the cruel trick he really did later provide dirt cups, gummi worms and all..don't be afraid to dig. I'm sure he did great, but what do people ever say when you ask them? "I'm just glad its over."

and can I just say for the longest time I have just been making frosting with no recipe but these past couple of times I have had a recipe and wow! I can't even handle the goodness.

Speaking of recipes: Thanks to friend Sharon, who makes grubalicious tortilla soup, rolling off a few ingredients to me, I also made some grubalicious tortilla soup for my first time! Which is funny to me because I have been obsessed with it for over a year now. But all the recipes seem bombarding with so many crazy ingredients. That just shuts my brain down and is unappetizing to me.
but mmmmm The soup was goood, and totally do-able. Thank goodness there was a bunch. mmmm I love the lime juice too. mmmm

Here were some less appetizing but noteworthy meals this week. 
Our snack time turned into Mom and Dad trying to outdo each other and then turned into us being too full for dinner...There is some shamrock pudding

Rowdy is becoming super independent, especially in the kitchen, which isn't always my favorite but I am trying to loosen up. He took care of everyone this morning, scavenging for food in Cody's lunch box. I am sure it was one of the littles who poured out the pretzels, but it worked out good with the already eaten granola bars. Notice I am also on the floor "cleaning up." We just called it a breakfast.

 Also, I had activity days for the first time this week. That was fun, and it was nice working and visiting with Cami and Stacey. But it was a little weird being right next to mutual but not it there. I feel sort of like I just got off my mission.. the transition. But the activity day girls were super cute and full of spunk so that is helping my weirdness.
I also got to take the kiddles to see one of my activity days girls be baptized. It was really nice. Ezra was pretty stoked about the whole baptism thing.
And Last thing. It has been raining all day today, so on our trip to the thrift store we taught the kids, "If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops.." Elliot would wait and totally sing open mouthed the "ah ah ah ah ah" part. It was so cute... She is So Cute.
Have a good week yerselves


4 comments:

Given Family said...

love all of what you shared. you guys make life so fun all the time.. sure miss you a tons!

Tasha said...

You are so much fun. I bet those activity girls are SO excited to have you as their leader. I love all the fun things you have been up to with those cute kids of yours too.

Tasha said...

Oh, and that lesson Cody taught sounded brilliant. I am going to remember the box cake idea.

karin said...

I LOVE all your blog posts.
I'm sad I missed the lake.
You should come over again. That was the highlight of my week.
Oh, the big boys don't have school this week, do you really should come over