Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Was this pre-meditated?

I had to put myself in check a few days ago because I was raising my voice way way to often at my kids. I don't like it. I don't feel like I ever had this problem pre-children.  I know it happens, but I didn't feel like I could even control it. I was feeling like my kids were waking me up and I immediately had to be on the defensive because things were already happening and I had no time to give my self a head start. Plus lets be honest, I have control issues.

So myself and I had a good talk, and it is cracking me up today as I mentally go over some events. Seems like the self evaluation was just in time. I am really happy with the way today went, even after Rowdy :)...
• Chewed a whole pack of gum (at least he shared it with Ezra)
• Turned the stove on, and luckily only burned a hot pad (in his defense I had asked him to turn on the oven for cookies)
• Locked the bathroom door, told Ezra to get in the sink shoes and all, squirted hand soap all over him and then turned the water on
• Rolled down the window on the 156 (a busy highway) and stuck his new hat out the window, of course having it blow away.

It was like Rowdy was just waiting for me to mellow out. Maybe all of these things were amusing to me, or just out of the blue for Rowdy to do. Anyway the timing is ironic so I am going to pat myself on the back regardless. Then when a not so cute/ out of the blue situation arises I will know I can handle it without the volume or the stress.

and on a last note of awesomeness Rowdy and I snuck off mid-day to meet Karin and Bryan's new baby boy Luke Walter. It was a nice date w Rowdy. and always so neat to meet new little people. Congratulations Brownies
....maybe that's why today went so smoothly.

No comments: