Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun Fall Weekend

We took another trip inland this weekend. Partly to visit and partly for a baby shower. We decided to go up to Oak Glen for the afternoon too, with Nan.
P.S. don't go there on a Saturday during apple season unless you enjoy waiting an hour in line for a caramel apple

We had a lot of fun at the petting zoo. Rowdy went hog wild actually
Here is a picture of Nan and me (after all of the caramel goodies)
Cody also got tricked into participating in a Hog calling contest. Its a good thing we don't depend on his pig farming check every month.

I tried to tell Rowdy he could look like this if he keeps asking for "more" all the time
Rowdy tried to get a drink with the goat.
We had a nice time. Katie and Armanie were also down for Heather's baby shower, I went with my Mom. Also a nice time. On Sunday Nan came out to our house to speak to the youth for the bishop's fireside. She is such a fun speaker. I really enjoyed it and I am sure the youth did too. Except when she made Cody and I sing our own rendition of "The wise man built his house upon the rock." I am pretty sure the youth didn't like that part.

7 comments:

wyomingerica said...

Those pictures are so cute. I'm sorry I have never got back to you I was busy watching Dan in Real Life. Thanks so much you are a sweet friend. I watch it when I'm folding laundry and well all the time. Thanks again.

Letti said...

It looks like you had a cool weekend with Nan. Where's my carmel apple?

lynda said...

Cute pictures! I love Oak Glen too. I want to take my kids back there the next time we visit.

karin said...

I need to get up there soon too. Maybe I can convince Jill to go with me on a weekday.

My sisters are taking my boys to DLand today, if you are interested. (I will be joining them later)

Becki said...

He's sooo cute!! I miss you guys1

Anonymous said...

Send me one too please! I love it there. I used to take Grandma Lil there in the fall for the apple pies.

EvaMarieva said...

Yeah for hogs! We will miss you this week and I am now itching for an apple pie from Oak Glen. One of these days I will get it...