Sunday, March 7, 2010

little tidbits

I am just wanting to write down some little tidbits of stuff so we don't forget them. They maybe unremarkable to most of you so I hope you don't get bored.

-The other day in Wal-Mart or something Rowdy grabbed Cody and I around the neck and said,"You are my best family ever after."

-Ezra is getting so good at sitting up for quite awhile. and he cracks my up in the bathtub. he gets so excited to be sitting up and will kick his legs into hyper splash mode and scream laugh. Especially when we squeak this little bath book we have. It is so funny.

-Ezra also fishes for attention from Rowdy now. He will stare at Rowdy until He looks at him and them will scream laugh at him. Its like they try to get each other to laugh now.

-Ezra also is the sweetest chubbiest contagious laugher, its no wonder all the young women in the ward fight over him. I am flattered for him.

-Ezra's new favorite toy is the string from a hoodie. He loves it! He will sit there for the longest time sucking on it or shaking it around or twisting it in between his fingers. Maybe Rowdy's make believe cat sessions are rubbing off on him.

BEFORE you read some of these Rowdy Experiences I would just like to add a disclaimer that he is 2 years old... as in terrible twos, as in... we both have different agendas.

-Rowdy likes to pretend that he is a cat or a dog and it made me smile the other day when I asked him what his Dog name was and he said, "Loud Anderson" Rowdy has been acting like a cat a lot lately, but I am kind of egging him on. He will sit on my lap and cuddle for much longer if he is a cat.

-Rowdy has given up his afternoon naps :( but he will stay quietly in his room for a while, but still.. around 5 or 6 he gets delirious and either cuddly or snappy.

-Rowdy also has this funny habit of telling you exactly what is on his mind and then backtracking like...did I really just say that out loud? for example.
R-"I am tired I want to go to sleep in my own special bed"
Mom or Dad-"OK Rowdy lets go lay down"
R-"no! I don't want to go lay down. lets watch a little movie"
M/D-"lets go lay down"
R-"no I want to go to Lynda's house"and on and on trying to change the subject

-Rowdy also has gotten into this quirky little habit of trying to use reverse psychology on everyone. It cracks me up. "I don't WANT a cookie!" and he usually says it with an angry little tone. This is before he even asks in a normal form. so funny.

-Rowdy has also started telling me at random moments how he feels which is kind of cool. unfortunately it is usually "I feel angry" or " I feel scared" or "I feel sad"... I know I know someone needs to come rescue the poor sap.(grandparents? any takers :) He will also say,"I am sorry I made you mad" that one melts my heart. That's usually after he gets in trouble for being mean to Ezra. Don't worry though we always make up nice.

-Cody has also taken up couponing and is also converting some of his male friends to join his coupon club :) I love this boy. and I love lookin' in my fridge right now at all the fun deals he couldn't pass up because they were so cheap after all of his scheming.

-Cody took us fishing on Friday, along with our friend Brian Bellenger, and it was such an awesome day. We caught like 15 rainbow trout (we let them go) but it was sunny and nice and just a fun family day I think we were all needing. Then later that night sweet Paige watched our boys and we went to a movie.. Avatar. Just the two of us and I had such a nice time. Cody makes a nice date.

They really are the "best family ever-after"

8 comments:

Letti said...

I loved reading this. I love hearing about whats going on in the Rowdy and Ezra family. It makes the miles seem a little closer.

karin said...

I loved it. I cannot wait for the next post like this. The only thing that would have made it better would be a photo or a video clip of Ezra laughing at Rowdy.

The A Team said...

this is what it's about!! hope you are able to find time to write more of these where ever you can. Armanie's journal cracks me up back when she was Ezra's age.
Thanks Leste for the Sunday update!

lynda said...

Ezra does have a good laugh, and I love Rowdy's comments! And I love that you live so close, and that I have another new best friend!!!

EvaMarieva said...

I love the lil tidbits. It make sit seem like you are so much closer than TX. :)

Tasha said...

I just loved reading ALL of that. It is fun to hear what is goingo n in your family and all the things Rowdy and Ezra are doing and into right now. You have one great family :)

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing. It's fun to hear what's going on in your life, and possibly the fun(and maybe not so fun) experience we might have with Jenna. I need to do stuff like this more often. It seems a lot more simple then trying to catch up in my journal and write a detailed account of what is going on in our life.

Dave is also into the coupon thing, which I feel like I should be in to, but I get confused and it makes more sense to him. Plus he is slightly more patient then I am when it comes to looking for coupons and deals on line.

Amelia said...

I love you guys!!! I love Ezra's growl and his smile. I love how Rowdy says the same thing over and over until you respond to him, it cracks me up! YOUR FAMILY IS THE BEST!!! Love you guys!