Monday, February 20, 2012

"overpowered by..."

I was in the computer room and kept hearing a clanging. 
I walked into the kitchen to see.... :)
Everyone got a turn too.
Cody has been working on a palette "craft." After a couple weeks of manually tearing them apart he borrowed Craig's saw. The kids were all excited about it.
 ..or maybe it was the safety glasses they were excited about?
 I love Cody. 
I love how he loves kids and they can feel it. They always want to be around him. 
Even when he makes them work :)
 We found some caps in our junk drawer and the kids took turns hammering their rolls. It was awesome. mmmm... the smell of gunpowder
 I have been loving having the cousins around. They are all growing up into such fun people.

Saturday Cody had gone out of town for work. It was raining and I didn't want to stay in the house all day with the kids, but wasn't feeling adventurous enough for a public arena. So we took a spur of the moment trip to Round Rock to see Tiffany, Kodi and Degan. The road trip with my kids was really nice..& old school. We played games and sang. Round Rock was awesome too.
The Bowlers are always so nice to let us pop in. The kids had so much fun together. Kodi Lynn was a nice babysitter/ hatmaker.
Every once in a while Ezra would let out an ear piercing scream. When Coy, Tiffany's dog, would walk by, if Ezra was by himself he would freak out. Coy is one of the nicest dogs ever... he tries to smile. I guess it would be intimidating to have a dog as tall as you showing all his teeth. It was pretty funny. and Elliot did her usual chase the dog crazy excited, then get nervous.
Tiff was super sweet and did my hair and brought us all yumola cupcakes. We ran a few errands, ate yummy sushi for dinner, and brought Degan home with us on Sunday just in time for church. It was a fun excursion.
Sunday night Livee and Miles came over and we had a boy vs. girl wrestling match. It was Livee and I...& Elliot vs. The 4 little boys. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. Then Lynda Zoe & Paige came over and we watched funny mormon youtube videos and laughed some more.
I had been in a little funk earlier this week and I feel like Heavenly Father just poured in all these fun kids, nice sisters, & a nice husband to help pull me out of it.


No comments: