Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rowd-iggity

Rowdy Rowdy Rowdy. 
He is currently sounding out family member's names on my phone and calling them (to no avail) 
to see if anyone wants to skype him :)
 
He is is in full "buddy" mode. He always wants to be hanging out or helping Cody or I. He loves playing tic tac toe with either of us. I am very grateful for him as an exercise partner. He will cruise on his bike while I push the 2 littles in our stroller. Its been working out pretty good. We have a neighbor Emma, who Cody calls Ramona (as in Ramona Quimby age 8), who will come ring our doorbell 3 or 4 times in a row and ask if Rowdy can play :) They play or ride bikes in our yard or on our great 4 house stretch of sidewalk. She finally asked if Rowdy could come play in her yard... and we let him. I just felt like it was the end of an era, our little Rowdster is growing up :) That was a nice warm up too because this week he had kindergarten round-up. It was not what I expected. I expected someone to hold my hand a little. I was ok until I met the principal...Then I got a little sentimental. I just missed my Dad. & I felt out of the loop. Rowdy will be going to Justin Elementary school right down the street. He is all excited. He loves going to his little Baptist wee-care preschool right now and is a little obsessed with making up his own songs and they usually have to do with Jesus. His teacher asked me a few weeks ago if it was ok if they talked about Jesus?! (there were only 3 more weeks of pre-school :) She didn't know if Mormons were Christan and Rowdy was answering all the questions. She didn't want us to think they were "cramming it down his throat." We had a nice little missionary moment. Rowdy also loves coloring and writing people's names. My Mom sent a cute book about a little boy pretending to be historical figures. Rowdy was quizzing Ezra about them and teaching him who they were. It was funny/ awesome. Rowdy always loves to get everyone's clothes for them in the mornings. He does a pretty good job. He really just loves to help. He is also great at helping with the laundry. He always gives a little gripe when I ask him to, with my big girl chores. But he really loves it. He told me so.

1 comment:

karin said...

I love Rowdy. He can come play tic-tac-toe here, the boys LOVE it.
I have had a hard time with both boys starting Kindergarten. It is such a milestone.

I didn't know it was national sibling day. I didn't know it existed.
I want my 10yo niece to live close by.
It's those happy, simple moments that make the "hard" things doable for me.