Wednesday, May 2, 2012

snatching happiness

The past couple of weeks have been, I am sure, full of their normal ups and downs but as I reflect. A few moments stand out in my mind...

All five of us sitting on the kitchen floor eating chips and salsa with cheese, and just being happy. The weather was great, we were about to ride bikes, everyone was dipping their own chips, we were talking and it was just a great moment.

Another day this week. I just needed to get out of the house, so I took the kids randomly to Taco Bell. It was lunch time for the working world so we had the only little people in there. Elliot would not eat anything. The kids were all happy and I had brought some cinnamon twists for dessert and I really wanted to give some to Elliot. She frequently holds out on dinner if she sees something she wants and I felt like I was being tested by her even with the hidden cinnamon twists. So I asked Rowdy to see if he handed her a bite if she would eat it. And she did! so he tried again and she jerked her head away and we all giggled so of course she thought it was funny and they kept at it for a minute. So all the working people were now watching smiling. Then we asked Ezra to give her a bite. and she ate the whole thing.. only from Ezra! It was just fun. I felt like I was hanging out with three of my close friends. another great moment.

1 comment:

The last Unicorn said...

funny how your kids do become your closest friends! Who else do you spend that much time with??? you guys are so cute. I love watching your little family grow. And good job Ezra feeding little Ellie. Maybe he should take over :)