Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mt. Baldy

So for my birthday my parents were going to take me down the Grand Canyon. So as a preparation hike one Saturday my Dad took me hiking up Mt. Baldy. We woke up early because he doesn't like a ton of people on the trail. I hadn't been up that early in a long time. It was so beautiful to see the sunrise and have some good Daddy daughter time.

The temperature and the scenery was great. we were going past the peak on the right

 I felt like a golfer in my mom's hiking shirt and Cody's hat. and even though I don't love this picture of myself. and My Dad's probably not going to like it of him either. You just don't get moments like this everyday living out here in Texas. I had a great time with Dad.
 He looked back to make sure I didn't pass out every once in a while.  But in reality he was probably checking to see if we had any fast moving competition behind me :)

The view at the top was grand. It was 360 degrees. breathtaking






 Wow! Made my stomach drop a little.
So my Dad and I are not big fans of the downhill. This hike was great because after all our good exercise up we hiked over to the ski lift and got a ride down just .5 mile from the car. It was brilliant.
Thanks mom for watching the kids.

No comments: