Monday, June 30, 2008

and speaking of Trapper Creek Lodge







What a fun night. Our good friends we met at church, the Jensens, told us about this amazing place. You can't just call it a restaurant because the journey and its surroundings make it an experience. It is off the beaten path in the middle of some ranches, snuggled up to those amazing Red Rocks. We chose to go there Friday night because Erica Jensen, who told us about it, was filling in for a waitress and we wanted to surprise her. The food was AMAZING. We had a really good time and I can't wait to go back.
...............And speaking of the Jensens, they are this fun little family we have clicked with. They are so fun and have made us feel so welcome. And let us borrow all sort of handy things my favorite being a high chair! Anyway the other night they invited us over for BBQ pizza and after dinner took us to the outskirts of town, sight seeing. There are a couple really cool, lake/ponds, and these really beautiful, crazy sandy stone rock formations full of reds and purples and tans and grays called the Devil's kitchen. and me without my camera.
...............and speaking of no camera. We have seen so many neat animals out here. I was so proud of my self because I saw my first deer, on my own, usually people have to point them out to me. but this one was right along the river by where Rowdy and I were going for a morning run. It was actually really close, and hung out for a while as we spied on her. There are Lots of antelope too! Whenever we drive to Cody who ever sees the first antelope wins. I always try to count but then loose track. I think they are soo beautiful and sort of..exotic. It seems like they should be in Africa. and if you pay really close attention you can see prairie dogs. There are lots of pheasants and other cool birds around here too. The guys have seen lots more animals from the trains.
.................and speaking of Africa, my Dad took off for Mt. Kilimanjaro on Sunday! I am so excited for him. I know he will do fine on the hike but I am really excited for him to get to know some people (as in natives, most likely his Sherpas.) The Africans I have met have been so neat. Just genuinely humble and good. Hopefully he has some neat experiences.
.................and speaking of humble and good. I have been feeling thankful again and again for the people Heavenly Father puts in my life. We have been blessed with such a great family. All of them have such dynamic and fun personalities, are so eager to share and to love, and who are such good examples to me. And if that wasn't enough he has also placed genuine friends in our paths, who have made life so much more enjoyable. My heart is full of thanks.

5 comments:

Sydney said...

Man atleast Celeste didn't shave her head too!!!

Unknown said...

Celeste! Hi! Married with a kid, huh? Good for you. This is Emily Stewart, by the way.

The A Team said...

We are OFFICIALLY JEALOUS!! We want shaved heads and wide open spaces!!

heart nan said...

I love and like your thankful heart!!!

apee said...

I love your blog Celeste! Looks like you are having a good time.