Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Toothache

A Toothache is definitely humbling. I have never really had one before I could feel something was a little weird back there this weekend. My cousin Missy, from my Dad's side, who I haven't seen forever got to come out from Salt Lake. And she brought her list of Diners Drive Ins & Dives so we ate n ate and ate. It was her and I and The 2 "E"s. Rowdy was invited to a boy slumber party down at Tiffany and Bobby's house. and what great timing. He and I had been needing a little break from each other. Now he is back and we are both so much happier. It was so nice to catch up and hang out with Missy and we listened to a CD my Mom had just given me of our Grandma (My Dad's mom who passed away years ago) talking about how she and Grandpa Anderson met. It was really cool. and speaking of cool Missy was cracking up at church on Sunday right before her plane left as all the young women and I and Ezra ran outside to check out the HUGe Snowflakes!! They were beautiful. and it was just enough snow for the boys to run around in and taste and make our yard all white and beautiful, and still get Missy's flight out on time. All this while, I am starting to get a cold.
Cody was home on Monday and we just stayed inside and played all day. Rowdy and Ezra love the "Just Dance 2" on the wii. My favorite part is Rowdy running around the house singing "Biba Hos Begas" and trying to dance like an Elvis "cowboy" even after all the music is gone. Oh and I like watching Cody dance too just because any other time he refuses to.
So Tuesday Cody is gone to work and I wake up with this crazy toothache sure I will never be able to eat sweets again. I called 1800 dentist because the last dentist I went to in the area were more salespeople than they were dentists. It annoyed me. anyway sweetheart Lynda watched all three of my crazy kids while I went to the Dentist. I was so sure I was going to have to get an emergency root canal it hurt so bad. They took an x-ray and the dentist told me it wasn't my tooth. My sinuses had swollen up so big because of my "cold" they were crowding the tops of my molars! and then the sweet man wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic. It was so nice not having to get my teeth drilled. Even though I was fully prepared for it. I just felt like it was such a tender mercy I got sent to that dentist. He just had an awesome vibe even before he hooked me up with antibiotics. and then for him to do that and not have me go to another doctor and beg someone to watch my kids again. I just felt like I was being watched out for.
Then to top off my Tuesday I wanted to do something nice for Lynda, "the bread whisperer", and Amelia brought this beautiful bread pan as a prize that I won at pictionary's Ugly Sweater contest! Of course I am still mentally in debt to Lynda because she helped me get to pictionary in the first place. Yet another tender mercy to end up living in the middle of two great sisters.

Here are some pictures of Missy Weekend

Mowhawk or Devil cap?
I don't think we have a normal beanie in this house

3 comments:

lynda said...

Sisters are never indebted to each other!!! I love you and your three crazies! :)

Letti said...

What a great dentist you found. I love it when people are honest and not just out for money.

Yay for great sisters too.

Love you guys!

Amelia said...

YAY FOR GREAT SISTERS....WHAT A BLESSING FOR THIS FORMER ONLY CHILD!!! I love you girls so much! If there were a debt to be paid...I'm sure I have the biggest one! haha!!! xoxoxoxoxox to the best sister ever! P.S. I need the name of your dentist..heehee