Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Its 17 degrees y'all

So it was feeling a little chilly this morning after I got out of bed and I went to go turn up the thermostat because I usually turn the heater off at night. (and it was so warm this weekend!) I knew last night was going to be a doozy so I left the temp at 58, only to find... The power was out!!!
Luckily it was a short rolling blackout and it was a good emergency preparedness wake-up reminder. (I need the propane stove closer)
Anyway we are having us some fun in 15 minute increments because that wind can really take it out of ya. Ezra's face is all scrunched up because he learned the hard way why we wear gloves. or maybe he really wanted a tissue?


what is this stuff?
wrong kind of snowman snow. So here is our powder version

and our snowballs

We need some waterproof gloves in Ezra's size

Today's activity we put food coloring in water and made snow cones. Cant take credit we saw this on some lady's blog. Sorry I don't remember whos. But the boys liked it...
and licked it
Keep warm everyone! love ya

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Yikes! That is cold! Looks like you are having fun with it though :)

karin said...

You are such a good mom to go out with them. I sent the big boys (including Isaac) out and didn't even take a photo of them bundled up!
I keep hoping it will get warmer. But they keep having no school, which tells me it isn't getting warmer :(

Letti said...

I heard it was a bit chilly our your way. I hope its nice weather come March!

trueblue said...

you said stay warm and i hate to say it, but we are. california misses you! love the green boogies too!

trueblue said...

and we'll probably have an earthquake that knocks our socks off, so don't be jealous!