Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tyler Trip



While my Mom was here last week we decided to go check out Tyler, TX. IT was 3 hours away..perfect for a short road trip. The trees were phenomenal... although I did not get any worthy huge-o tree pictures. The scenery coming into Tyler was just so spring green beautiful. Big lush trees wildflowers, big beautiful homes and cows. It was lovely

We left home when we did just so we could get to Stanley's before 2. They are so good they only have to stay open from 11-2. Because that's usually when they run out of meat. The ribs were so amazing. We decided the guy has a pig supplier because I have never eaten pork ribs with so much meat on them. I ate 3 and was full. We loved the bluesy guy on the porch serenading us too. It turned out to be 80ish degrees, and that's hot when its your first 80ish of the spring.
Apparently Tyler has a tiger sanctuary? who knew. but we are too cheap for that so we went to the free rose gardens. In two weeks that place is going to be off the hook :) There were tons of buds.

 Do you see Cody over there to the left? The trees were all really tall and lovely. It was pretty warm so we checked into our hotel and checked out the pool. It was too cold for me and luckily Elliot. But the boys got in and had a good time. & My Mom was here snapping all these pictures

Ezra was exploring and then I realized he had jumped into the fountain and was having a good ole' time! Do you see that classy fountain? at night the fountain and the entire pool would flash crazy discoteca colors. It was so random.
Right across the street there were some awesome paved trails through more of the tall trees. It was sooo nice. and the people of Tyler were definitely enjoying them. I felt like a small town girl though In Justin on the exercise trail everyone at least waves to you most of them talk to you for a second. Tyler is a little bigger ;)
Elliot had been watching Yaya do her hair :) 
Yaya watched the kids and Cody took me on a date to see the Hunger Games. I really hadn't wanted to see it and I did close my eyes for a lot of it. But it was really well done. Then we shared a delicious strawberry shortcake frozen custard. Its always so nice to have a date when grandparents come to town.

We checked out an indoor waterpark just outside of Tyler. The area was sooo pretty. and it was right by a beautiful lake. they were advertising it to be like Great Wolf lodge.... which has towels :)  so um yeah we just drip dryed. The towels didn't even cross my mind at all :) The waterpark was ok. They just shouldn't have compared it to the great wolf lodge :)
Cody thought he might get called into work so he headed back after the water park. The kids had a great time playing miniature golf.... They were sort of stressing me out though :)
The next Morning we packed up and went to Canton's First "Monday" trade days. I have heard about it and so I was excited it randomly fell on the Thursday we were headed home. It was great. Amongst other things...found an old bowling pin!
They look like they just got in trouble :)
It was fun trip.

1 comment:

EvaMarieva said...

You were in my parents neck of the woods. Tyle is a great place to visit :)